The weather is warming in Florida, although we’re still dealing with frequent rains. More sun and more heat is on the way, of course, and right now is the best time to ensure your home’s air conditioning system is ready for another hot Florida summer. How can you know your AC is prepped for the coming season? It’s actually simple: call for HVAC professionals to maintain your air conditioner with a thorough inspection, cleaning, and tune-up.
Yes, You Need Air Conditioning Maintenance Each Year
Routine AC maintenance is exactly that—a routine you want to get into. It isn’t a luxury or an extra benefit for a cooling system. It’s necessary in order get the best service from an air conditioner.
Here are some of the problems you can expect your AC to run into if it misses these regular maintenance tune-ups:
- Short System Life: The average service life expectancy of a central air conditioning system is about 10 to 15 years—if it has annual maintenance. Without maintenance, that lifespan plunges to 8 to 10 years. You don’t want to pay to replace an air conditioner seven years early! Maintenance gives you those extra years of service and a better return on investment in your cooling system.
- Extra Repairs: One of the main jobs of maintenance is to spot places where malfunctions are starting and to provide cleanings and tune-ups that reduce the chance of malfunctions in the future. Around 85% of the problems that can affect an AC are preventable through maintenance. Think how many more repairs call you’ll have to make if your AC doesn’t have maintenance.
- Expensive to Run: An air conditioner draws on a large amount of electrical power to run over a summer. But it will draw on much more than necessary if it’s wearing down because it hasn’t gotten regular maintenance. Each year of missed maintenance can mean an increase of 5% in the cost to operate the air conditioner.
- Abrupt Breakdowns: Nobody in Florida wants to fret during the hot days about an air conditioner suddenly breaking down. However, this is a strong possibility with an AC that isn’t maintained. The peace of mind you’ll have knowing your air conditioner will have an easy time making it through the summer is worth the cost of regular maintenance on its own.
Sign up for Our Premier Service Agreement
You can arrange for air conditioning maintenance in Wesley Chapel or the surrounding areas with our team. We offer a Premier Service Agreement to take care of both annual cooling and heating maintenance. Here’s what you’ll get:
- Complete system maintenance with regular tune-ups each year.
- A 15% discount on all parts and labor, if needed.
- Priority scheduling so you can jump to the head of the service queue in an emergency.
- No overtime charges for those emergency services.
If your HVAC system is covered by a manufacturer’s warranty, maintenance through our Premier Service Agreement will keep the warranty valid by meeting manufacturer’s requirements. You can put your trust in us: we’ve served the Tampa Bay Area since 1998, and we’ll treat you like family.